Saturday, July 18, 2009

On the way to Hannah K-O's Bat Mitzvah

This post is titled "On the way to" because I wasn't familiar with Jewish customs and wasn't sure if photography was okay. It turned out I could have taken pictures of the beautiful synagogue, but I didn't so you will have to take my word that it was lovely, place, though the service was very foreign to me. Yes, it's a bat mitzvah post with no actual pictures of anything bat mitzvah related.
Here's the program.
Here we are waiting for the bus to take us to the service. It was bright, so Matt is squinty.

And the second photo after the first one.

After the ceremony and reception (the cheesecake was delicious, if I do say so myself) we came home for a bit and then headed out for the Sternwheeler cruise.
Due to a horrible miscalculation on my part, we did not actually get to go on the Sternwheeler. We got all the way down to the place you get on the boat and couldn't find it. I realized that, when entering the information into TriMet's trip planner, I forgot to change "departing after" to "arriving by." The result was that we were departing our house when we were supposed to be arriving at the boat and said boat was long gone by the time we arrived. So, dejected and feeling dumb (me) and helpfully understanding (Matt) we got back on the #6 and went out for dinner.

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

I have never been - and oh how I would love to go to a Bar or Bat Mitzvah. I also want to go to a Quincenera. I better get on my teaching of older kids... -S