Sunday, July 6, 2008

Matt's Party - Origami

All right, now see the skills in action.
Elizabeth made a box out of my origami book. It takes 6 pieces of paper. In the past, I've had people decorate one piece each and then we put them together.
Here is my masterpiece for the night. Combining genres of assemblage, origami, and buying the work of someone else, I have created the modern moster movie. I'm a genius.
Giant mutant titans clash.
JoJo did the frog from directions in an origami book he brought. It was his idea to make a tongue out of yarn, too.
This is all me. I did this out of JoJo's book. It's supposed to be a dragonfly, so I made it into a dragon. The background was already done when I bought it from SCRAP and the yellow part of the fire was cut out from an obscure DC comic, also from SCRAP.
I didn't have the patience to look for small people screaming in terror away from the monsters, so I settled for relaxing tourists. Then I wrote, "Just ignore them" in a word balloon.
Because if giant monsters interrupted your vacation, would you give them attention? No, of course not, that would just encourage them.
JoJo made this and put it on my giant cookie. Y'know, it might have been JoJo's idea to go cross-genre, originially ...
JoJo coached CJ to do this, I think.
Same here.

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

Brilliant! Love the epic nature of your fine art work! Super great!!! -S

And THANKS for the comment...I really love them!!!