Monday, July 28, 2008

New discovery in Fair Food!

I'm not sure how this picture was missed in the initial post, but here was the best food find of the fair.

Matt loves mangos. It is hard to get across in print how much Matt loves mangos. I've seen him so excited to eat a mango that he has consumed not only the flesh, but also the skin. He just bites right in. Me? I'll eat mangos when they are served to me--and they are peeled--but can do without them.

So Matt managed to find the perfect fair food for him. I was impressed with the presentation. Introducing: Mango on a Stick.
"Do they deep fry it?" was my first question. My attempts at humor notwithstanding, they do not. A mango is peeled, shoved on a stick and then sliced to make a flower shape. Matt enjoyed it very much. If all fair food was this healthy, the United States would be a different country.

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

Not battered and deep fried...how can this be fair food? Crazy! -S

Looks pretty sweet, though!

IdahoGirls said...

Oh looks good. I realize this may sound un-American but I really do not care for fair food. I would be so loving the mango on a stick. Although, sometimes my texture eating issues come out when mango is involved - it violates some of my rules depending on the mango - mushy!!