Sunday, May 23, 2010

Spindrift: early morning walk

I woke up early--no surprise there--and set out for a morning walk. I took the stairs down to the beach. It was a gray morning. The weather over the weekend was typical Oregon Coast spring weather: sun! clouds! rain! more rain! less rain! sun! and the cycle would repeat itself.

Obligatory feet at the beach photo.

Growing under rocky conditions.

I picked my way across the rocks for awhile, but that wasn't the kind of walking I was in the mood for, so I walked back to the road and followed the road up the hill. I was rewarded with this lovely view.
My walk took two hours and when I returned at eight, no one had yet gotten up. So I read and watched the water until they did.

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

You know that I would have still been in bed. But I think I would have missed out on an amazingly peaceful experience. Seems pretty wonderful to me!