Sunday, June 6, 2010

Joshin & Bahar's wedding

Our friends Jojo and Bahar got married and we were invited. Get ready, this will be a summer of weddings.
The wedding ceremony picture.Getting ready to cut the cake.

We had incredibly delicious "Mediterranean" food. Bahar is Persian, and Persian food and I agree.

Back before digital cameras, very few people took photos during a wedding. Now that everyone has a camera in some form, sometimes it seems like more people are taking pictures than watching the wedding. Back in the day, Jojo's dad would have been taking photos, as he is a camera guy, but most of the other people wouldn't have bothered.

Jojo's sister is ready to capture the moment.

I enjoy taking pictures of people taking pictures. I also loved this dress.

Look at that handsome fellow. I'm surprised someone hasn't snatched him up.

Oh wait, someone has.

We all sang, "When I'm Sixty-Four." I enjoyed this immensely.

It was a great wedding and a great kickoff to wedding season.

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

Oh how I love weddings. Cake? No info about cake? Pcc - you may loose your cub reporter status. I had a student named Bahar. I love that name!

Patricia said...

The cake, if you must know, started out with a layer or two of carrot cake--which I find to be an abomination and not cake at all--underneath was white cake, which was good.

The most fun part about the cake, in my opinion, was that the woman serving it didn't know how to cut and serve a large cake like this. She didn't take out the risers between layers, so we all got these skinny pieces from around the edge. Then she would kind of dig out the part under the riser.

I don't know how to cut a large cake either, or I would have helped her. I just know that that wasn't the way.