Saturday, September 11, 2010

Warrior Dash

We have Facebook to thank for the Warrior Dash. Ads appeared on Matt's page and he clicked for more information and then he signed up.

Getting in took a very long time. We had time to take pictures of one of the things Matt would run over.

Matt in his warrior gear.

Eventually, time crept by and Matt just left me waiting to park and ran to get his packet. I parked and walked up to the start line. Before I got there, I saw the "showers" where warriors could wash the mud off.

And I started seeing a lot of people covered in mud.

Many people were wearing "warrior" costumes, which for many seemed to translate to "caveman." When I think warriors, I don't think caveman, but now I know that many people do.

A view of the fire that warriors lept over.

While I was scoping out where best to stand to take a photo, I ran into one of the parents from school. She is on the right. She had a great time.

It took four passes back and forth at the start line before I found Matt. I checked with him to see if he would want his picture taken leaping over fire or crawling through mud. He voted for fire.

After I bid him farewell, I wandered over to sit for a bit and captured these two warriors.

Nothing like catching up on some non-fiction while someone else is running three miles while leaping obstacles.

I was amused that the logs were Duraflame logs. Here is where I stood and took about 20 practice photos so I could take a good one when Matt lept over the fire. He appeared much sooner than I thought he would and I took a fabulous picture. I did so with his camera, so you have to go on Facebook to see it.

I ran to the final part of the race and got another fabulous picture of him crawling under barbed wire and also one of him sliding through the mud. Also look to Facebook to see those pictures. After he was done I took this picture of him.

It turns out that when your boyfriend is covered in mud, you can't walk as closely to him as you normally would or you get mud on you.

Matt lost his number on the way, and had to find out what it was so he could get the clothes he checked.

What does a warrior do after the dash? He gets out of the clothes before he goes home.

What does he wear home if he forgot to bring more clothes?


He wears his girlfriend's sweatshirt and nothing else.

While waiting to exit the parking lot (nearly as long a process as entering the parking lot) I waited for my mud to dry before flicking it all off.

We had a lot of time to discuss how awesome the warrior dash was.

What say you?

What does a warrior eat, post dash? A big burger and fries.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, I could never be a warrior. Too muddy for me. I only like the kind you squish between your toes when your feet are bare. MOM

Sara K. said...

I am quite impressed! Well done, Matt! And a little amused...that dour 'you got mud on me' face is too much!