Friday, April 1, 2011

Walnut Tree

There is a massive walnut tree in the neighbor's yard. On the one hand, I love it because it is a beautiful tree and the squirrel activity in the autumn keeps the cats entertained. On the other hand, it is a very large tree and it is one of the many contributors to the "structures that block the sunlight, thus reducing garden yields" problem.

So imagine my surprise today when I came home from work and discovered that the tree had been expertly and massively trimmed. (Pruned? I'm not sure of the word here.)
There used to be a massive limb encroaching on the lilac in Emilia's yard. Now the lilac is free to grow and bloom again.
I can't tell you how exciting this is!

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

Very nice. I'm amused at the sun-blocking, only because those pictures are so gray and it seems that the clouds are doing quite a bit of that!

Patricia said...

Well, there is the "cloud" sun blocking problem, but the "tree" sun blocking problem was also a problem on the rare occasions the sun shines. :-)