Sunday, July 17, 2011

Butterbeer cookies

My friend Sara, she of Pike Schemes fame, sent me a blog post for Butterbeer cookies, knowing that Matt and I attend a party with every release of movie. I awoke the morning of the party with a hankering to bake, so Butterbeer cookies, here we come.

I've always had trouble rolling out dough to the specified thickness. Way back in home ec., we watched a movie (yes, on a projector) about baking cookies where the cookie bakers had some great wooden rods the exact thickness needed. I always wanted some of my own and today was happy to discover that some of my wooden spoons are exactly the thickness needed. I had to move them around a bit, but they worked wonderfully.

Finished cookies. The glaze--whose recipe I indeed doubled as suggested because it was good enough to drink from a shot glass--didn't firm up like I thought it would, even with time in the refrigeration, so these were very sticky cookies. But they were delicious, if I do say so myself!

This was also the excuse to buy a set of biscuit cutters, which I've been wanting for years. No more will my biscuits be cut with drinking glasses. They are pretty ingenious. The three cutters all stack together and they are two sided, with the opposite side being a fluted edge. The stars came from the cookie cutters that came with my mixer.

Thanks for the recipe, Sara. If only you had been here to eat them.

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

Yum, yum, yummers! Those look so tasty! I would have loved to be there to help chomp down those tasty treats!!!! Thanks for the rolling out dough tip. I could really use that! :)