Friday, October 12, 2007

Street View

For those of you with ample time on your hands, now Google's Street View of cities has expanded to include Portland. The other day, with time on my hands, I checked out my school, our old apartment, the gaping hole where my old apartment was and our new place. For those of you who know where we live, take a look.

After looking over Portland, I clicked back to the street view to see how my old haunts in Boston have changed. Imagine my surprise to find that Boston does not have a street view option. Neither does Washington D.C. Portland got a street view before DC and Boston. We rock! Then I noticed that Pittsburgh has a street view. Clearly the street view option is driven by something other than population, history, shopping opportunities, or age of the city in question. Not that Pittsburgh (or Portland) doesn't have all those things. But still. Pittsburgh before Boston?

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

Interesting! I might have said...well they are starting on the west coats...but then Pittsburgh throws that idea out of the water! :) I LOVED your letter! I hope to find some time to reciprocate soon. I am guessing that the length of time it has taken me to comment is some indication of my busy factor! Hugs to you! -S

thibeaux1369 said...

Hiya Patricia! Not really a comment, but wanted to say happy birthday to you! Hope all is well. Miss you!