Monday, September 1, 2008

gingerbread houses, sort of

Hey, this is a really old shot, and it's technically not even in the orange door, but it's pretty cool. Patricia and I made gingerbread houses one Christmas and I built mine in the non-traditional, dragon-themed way. Um, you can kind of tell it's a dragon. See, those licorice are the flames. The chocolate oranges slices are the eyebrows. The wings are gingerbread and the scales are lime slice candies.


And if you look closely, you can see the brave licorice knight who had a chunk of his head bitten off, and his chocolate orange slice shield could not protect him.

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

Nothing like a fun gingerbread house in September, but not really taken in September, post! I do like your gingerbread dragon...poor brave knight! Oh I just said that in my head like Monty Python...please do the same when you read it! -S

thibeaux1369 said...

The dragon house rocks!