Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lone Wolf enters the Orange Door

I will go super-geeky in this post. Sarah, April, and Felicia, you can skip this post.
When I was younger, I loved the Lone Wolf series. They were so popular that they are on online in their entirety. They were written in Choose-Your-Own-Adventure format, so now that they're online, you can just click on the links.
Anyway, I'm rereading the series and I came upon this:
http://www.projectaon.org/en/xhtml/lw/02fotw/sect122.htm
Lone Wolf finds the orange door. Click on the links to enter the door or to use Sixth Sense.
The author of these books is pretty funny. I imagined that, based on the blond warrior vs. evil and blond Texan vs. terrorists nature of the books, that Joe Dever would be pretty conservative. Imagine my surprise when I read page 6 of an interview he gave and find him bashing Bush.
http://www.projectaon.org/en/pdf/misc/FW_Interview.pdf

3 comments:

Sara K. said...

Hey, I am an ORANGE DOOR fan all the way and I, Sara( ), can be just as excited about this geeky bit, too! Very fun that the Lone Wolf knows where it's at! -S

thibeaux1369 said...

hahahaha - i loved this post and just lost a good chunk of time on that site. did you not remember me as geeky? maybe you were referencing another felicia?

by the by, brian is heading into town soon (from AK) and asked after you. he remembers you very fondly!

Anonymous said...

The projectaon.org site is really fun, Felicia. You should try it more. I'll prep you if you want some prepping.