The shade was in a not-done state for many days because I needed to purchase the correct screws that actually wanted to go into the door, instead of weakly grasping at the edges of the hole. Then, even after I obtained said screws, I put off doing this project. But today is the day for finishing. So the shade has been properly reinstalled.
Here you can see the newly installed shade cord, and the leather ties. I used a button from an old, adored jacket as a stopper.
The shade in its raised position.
Oh yes, I installed a cleat too. That also took no time at all.
Antares watched the whole operation carefully.
Sentinel just slept.
Before I could hang the curtains, I needed to patch the holes from where I installed the curtain rod incorrectly. I purchased some cool stuff that sprays texture on your walls. Here I test it on a different part of the wall where the texture rubbed away. It was trickier than I thought it would be. I needed the "fine" setting (not medium as I guessed from the picture) and it didn't really go on in the way I thought it would. There were a couple of re-dos.
Here it is covering the holes. I waited for it to dry and then painted over it.
And then I could finally install the curtains.
And they are a little short. They don't quite cover the entire window when closed. Which is why one should just make one's own curtains. I'll probably get a roller shade. I love roller shades. But I will leave the curtains up.
Here they are in the open position.
I used this book a lot when eliminating all the blinds from the house. It has a variety of window treatments you can utilize, the instructions are clear and I think I bought this for about $2.00.
Seven and a half years after we started, we can now consider the project of replacing all blinds complete. Hooray!