Sunday, January 13, 2008

January Flashback--It's like watching paint dry.

Oh wait, it's not like watching paint dry, it is watching paint dry.
My enthusiasm for painting, always slight to begin with, only extended to painting two sets of shelves. Thus, the shelves over the refrigerator will have to wait until that magical day when I feel like painting them. But the dining room shelves and the pantry shelves look nice.
I let everything dry for about a week. Past experience has taught me that paint that looks dry and feels dry isn't really dry. By waiting a week I avoided that "sticking" issue that I've had before.
Ideally, I would have taken a picture of the shelves with stuff on them, but I didn't and I'm behind anyway, so that post will have to wait until another day.

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

Hee hee...your letter alluded to this. I was wondering. And I can't wait for that eventual post with all of the stuff back on the shelves. I really LOVE the color. You can never really know the color until it is dry....its is really great! -S