Sunday, January 20, 2008

January Flashback--New Orleans Night

The Young Adults (age 18-35) at our church are going to New Orleans this spring break to do a service project. They had a New Orleans Night which included dinner, dancing, a drink ticket and the chance to bid on many items for the silent auction. It was incredibly fun, the food (made by the young adults) was fabulous and the silent auction was wonderful, because items didn't get bid up too quickly which meant I got to bid more.

Kelly, Heidi and Dan live it up.
I used the night as an excuse to dress up, which meant that Matt dressed up too. Despite his foot bugging him, we danced a bit. Matt's a trooper.
This is the UU Swing Band. They have a longer, more official name, but I forget what it is. I always enjoy hearing them play.
I bid on a variety of things and won two. For awhile there I was worried that I would win everything I bid on, but other people came through for me. I got a lovely painting which will hang over our fuse box. Amanda and I bid on cake decorating and we won. We are splitting four cakes. I'll use my two for Matt's combination graduation/30th birthday party in June.

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

How fun. You look fantastic! I really love that dress. I wouldn't mind a front on view of it. And I do love silent auctions - better for getting stuff and more passively confrontational - easier for me to one-up another! -S

Sara K. said...

And I forgot to say----you and Matt looks especially darling together in the picture. SO cute! -S