Sunday, February 17, 2008

Mom's Birthday Celebration

We celebrated my mom's birthday today. She turned 64 on February 10. First, we all went out to dinner at Ernesto's. I really liked their round tables. If everyone goes, there are six of us and we inevitably end up at a big rectangular table. I don't like that because I can't hear the people at the other end of the table. The round tables fit six nicely and I could hear everyone.

Then we came back for the fancy ice cream cake my Aunt Carol made.
It had a cookie crust, ice cream sandwiches on the outside and two kinds of ice cream inside. Then there was cool whip on the top and crumbled Oreo cookies. It was a masterpiece.
My brother lit the candles.
And my mom blew them out. Then we ate.
Then we played Clue. I won.

For her present we all chipped in and bought her a ticket to see Bruce Springsteen in March. Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

The cake looks DE-lish! I had forgotten that your mom and I share a b-day. And the tickets to The Boss, very cool! -S

PS-That catches me up on your catching up! :) S