Monday, March 23, 2009

Chase Lounger Gets a New Look

I love our Ektorp lounger from Ikea, but in the nearly two years we have owned it, I have grown disenchanted with the white cover. I'm not a fan of white things as they don't tend to stay white, but at the time of purchase, white seemed to be our best choice.

Through the normal processes of living, our cover had gotten grubby looking. Yes, I could take it off and wash it, but 1) that would require a trip to the laundromat as our tiny washer and dryer can't handle the massive amount of material and 2)when I wash white things they never are as white as they were. I seem to be missing an essential whitening gene.

So, we saved up and bought this new cover. It is still white, partially, but it was a better choice for our chase. I think it looks better, too.
Ikea, please make a solid blue right-hand chase cover. Seriously. I will buy it. I don't care if it is too matchy-matchy with the couch.