Thursday, March 26, 2009

New Office Setup.

The arrangement of our office has been driving me crazy. I feel trapped at my desk, so I rarely sit there. The room is too crowded. It also needs to be painted but I hate painting so we are waiting for pigs to fly first.
Here's a closeup of my area. I can't shut my closet door without rolling my chair past the dresser. I everything is always messy and too close together.
In a perfect world, I would have scoured Craigslist for a new-to-me desk that costs $40.00 and works perfectly. In this word, I went to Ikea. This was the most complex Ikea item I had ever assembled, and it wasn't easy, but I did it!
Sentinel helped me by supervising. Though I was confused through much of the assembly diagrams, I was really impressed with the various ways they made all the particle board come together.
Here it is, 95% assembled. I had to wait until Matt got home so he could help me lift the top part onto the bottom part.
You will see finished results of the room later. This desk is a transformative item for this room.

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

Looks great!!! Nothing like transforming your working space so you can make it the best working environment for you! Helps to give good flow to the whole space!!! -S