Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hot Date.

Matt and I had a "hot date" tonight. We did our taxes. Because we aren't married we each fill out our own form, but we set aside tonight to get them done. It was good time invested. Both of us have a lot taken out of our checks and so Matt got a tremendously large return from the feds and a fairly large chunk from the state. I got the largest amount ever from the Feds, but still had to pay the state. (!@@%$^%#$!) I know that ideally you should be striving to not have to pay money or get much of a refund so "your money can be making money for you in the bank." But my bank money? It pays me about three pennies per month right now. So I'll take the windfall once per year instead of those thirty-six pennies.

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

This year...we paid...a ton. I didn't fill out my W-4 correctly...OOPS! No trip to Europe for us now... It has taken a bit for Shawn not to be so upset about that! -S

balyien said...

We ended up owing someone, the state of Oregon I think, a bunch this year, so we only brought in $200 when all was said and done. I think we must be doing something wrong. Sigh.