Saturday, December 12, 2009

Atari Arrives

Talks over, we brought Atari home from his foster mother's house for a two week trial. She lives near us, so the ride wasn't long, but he didn't like the transport over, yowling a few times. When we let him out he immediately sought shelter behind this bookcase. I manged to take a picture and then we left him alone.

Later, Atari stuck his head out to see who this Sentinel cat was was, and Sentinel hissed at him. I've seek cats hiss and swat and Sentinel and he never bats an eye. I've never seen him hiss at any cat. Then, we bring home a buddy for him and the first thing he does is hiss.

More about Atari: he was a feral kitten--you can see his clipped ear in this picture, indicating that he has been fixed. He didn't like life in the shelter, but he loved living in his foster home, where there were two male cats he looked up to. Annika, his foster mother was looking for a home for him where he could be with another cat to learn how to be a cat. I figured Sentinel would be good for that, but we shall see.

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

Oh boy!! I have been waiting to see if his worked out. I am on the edge of my seat with hope that he and Sentinel get along.