Friday, December 25, 2009

Two Traditions

Two Christmas Traditions I love:
Christmas Meat Pie. A newer tradition, I can't get over how much I love ground pork cooked in a pastry crust. This year the crust included pastry stars which not only is pretty, but gives you more crust. Delicious!

Christmas cookies.
The MAunts get together and bake many kinds of Christmas cookies in preparation of the big day. There is also a baklava making day. I really enjoy having all of the different varsities of homemade cookies. I also like that we always have a few Greek cookies. I appreciate even more that they appear without any work on my part. A cookie baker, I'm not.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must join us sometime. You can sit and mostly watch as Aunt Pat does all the work. Who will carry on this tradition if not you? MOM

Sara K. said...

Nothing like a little guilt trip to go with your comment! Hee hee!!! The meat pie looks very tasty!!! And I never turn down cookies or baklava.

Unknown said...

If Patricia doesn't come, I'd be happy to continue the tradition in my family. Is matching DNA a requirement?

Julie L.