Sunday, December 13, 2009

Atari emerges. And gets a new name

So I've been bribing the cats: Sentinel to associate Atari with more food and Atari to come out from under the couch, which is where he spends a lot of his time. It's going well. Both cats like to eat.
In other news, Matt is opposed to the name Atari, which I was happy to keep for him. Something about not having an Atari gaming system as a child. We arrived at Deborah's Hanukkah early and while keeping out of her last-minute party prep way we grabbed an astronomy book. Matt had the great idea to look for a new name for Atari. We found Antares, which is the brightest star in the constellation Scorpio. It also sounds a lot like Atari. So he has been renamed. Trial period is still going on. But it's going well.

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

I am glad to hear the progress has been going well. I was a littl worried. I know that we will eventually be a 2 cat house and I get nervous about even thinking of the prospect. I know Arch wil do fine - but he is so used to being the center of attention. SKS in Little Rock!