Friday, December 13, 2013

NWCTC: The Lion in Winter

Here's another thing I love about the NWCTC.  They have this tiny space--aptly named the Shoebox Theater--and they change it so profoundly from play to play.  Let's look at what it looked like on October 11, when we saw Richard III.  (More photos here.)

Since that time another theater has put on a production from October 23 to November 23.  Then, beginning December 5, NWCTC began offering the Lion in Winter.  And look how cozy and warm everything looks:
 
 

I'm quite the fan of this play because you never can tell where the alliances will shift to next.  Marilyn Stacey  and Victor Mack (debuting) played Eleanor and Henry II while Clara-Liis Hillier took on the role of Alais and the triple threat of warring brothers John, Geoffrey and Richard were covered by Chip Sherman, Joseph Gibson and Ricardy Charles Fabre, all NWCTC first timers.  The tension was high and the drama skipped along.   John's Planet Hollywood vest was my favorite bit of costume.  You can see it, and other photos of the cast by clicking here.  All in all, it was a great evening at the theater.

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

This is one of my all time favorite movies. Katherine Hepburn is my favorite actress of all time and her Eleanor is truly delightful!!! I agree that one of the fun things about having season tickets to or at least seeing many plays in a theater is seeing the incredible transformations that happen for each show. I think that is one of the most fun things about it!

balyien said...

I've never seen this, either in play or movie form. I hear the movie is fantastic. I'll have to add it to my list to watch some day.