Saturday, February 1, 2014

Portland Center Stage: Chinglish

The Armory, where Portland Center Stage performs, used to be an actual Armory.  Here were are posing in front of one of the skinny windows upstairs.

Matt, looking out over the crowd below.  I learned (by watching someone else) that you don't stand next to the rail in an A-line skirt unless you want the people below to see your underwear.

The crowd below!
The play was quite funny and it was subtitled, both in English and Chinese.  I found the set design (a strength of this theater) to be very fun. I recommend you catch it if you enjoy humor and culture clashes.

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

Looks like a great outing. Too bad for the lesson teaching A-line skirt wearer!

balyien said...

I remember touring this theater after the renovation was completed but I never got to see a play there. You guys look so happy! I'm glad you had fun.