Monday, March 31, 2008

Results of painting and room switch.

So the drawback of switching the rooms while painting is that you get to live in a messy house while the painting gets done. First, it was all of the stuff from the office living in our living room. Then, the bedroom had to be disassembled so we could move things into the new office. That meant putting everything from two rooms into the front room, which luckily for us, is quite large.
Luckily, after all that work the result in the new bedroom was fabulous. I love the blue walls with the blond wood on the molding and the dark walls make the room darker at night.
Now the office wants to be painted too. But it probably won't happen for awhile.
Nice things about the room switch:
  • The blue walls are great.
  • I love the fact we don't have to hear people arguing at the motel.

Disadvantages of the room switch.
  • The room actually gets more sun in the morning, so it is brighter.
  • When I lay in bed and look out the back door, all I can see is a fence. Before I saw the yard and the garden.
  • When I lay in bed and the light in the pantry is on it shines directly in my eyes.
  • Now we can hear things in the bathroom--shower running, towels being taken down and put up, sink running--while in the bedroom.
  • My desk doesn't work in the new office as well as it did in the old office. Before, the cutout gave me better access to my closet. Now the cutout is on the wrong side of my desk and I can't close my closet door without massive maneuvering.

So, overall I liked it better the other way, but until that motel goes away, these rooms will stay. (hee! rhymes)

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

Well done!! And nice to be done, I am sure! I like the pros and cons list. Maybe as you live in the room more...more pros will come out! -S