Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spring Break Painting

The spring break project is to switch the bedroom and the office, and paint the (new) bedroom. We are making the switch due to noise. Though it seemed prudent to have the bedroom on the south side of the house when we moved in (the south bedroom is opposite the bathroom, while the north bedroom is right next to it) it turned out that the noise from the motel was not the most pleasant sound.

Here's the view pre-project.
These are really bad pictures. They show you a lot of wall and not much room. But that's the bedroom pre-switch.
Ah, here is a better one. Why did I not make the bed before taking this picture? I must have been in a hurry.
There's our office. A place for everything and everything in it's place.
There's the hooks I put up last spring. It was one of the first things I did when we moved in. They have proved quite handy.
And here would be the office--soon to be bedroom--with all but the desks removed. Our desks came cheap, but man, are they heavy when it's time to move them.
We (I, really) chose a dark blue from Metro Paint. When we bought it last year, it was called "Dark Blue" I noticed when I was in there getting another compost bin, it is now called "Crater Lake." Blue was the color of choice because Matt likes the color blue and also because I wanted a dark room for sleeping in.
Just in the last year or so I've begun to purchase the blue painter's tape. It really makes a difference and the convenience is worth the extra cost. I still buy masking tape, but put that over the blue painters tape on wider surfaces like doorways and ceilings.
Like right here I should have put more masking tape because I got sloppy and there is now a blue paint splotch on this molding.
More painting pictures to come! See the finished product! So exciting! It's like watching paint dry!

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

Yay, I have been wanting this post! I like the paint color! -S