Saturday, March 22, 2008

Kitchen curtains. Getting there.

You may recall that in November I attempted to use dish towels as curtains. They turned out, as one loyal reader commented, "Darth Vader-like" although said reader did like how utilitarian the curtains were. I got some nice yellow striped dish towels for Christmas from my mother and I thought they might do the trick. So down came the black towels, which have now reverted to dish towel status, and up went the yellow striped dish towels.
Eh, getting there. An improvement for sure, but the yellow stripes of the curtains blend too much with the yellow of the wall. I'm not so into the blending. If they were orange striped dish towels we would have a winner. But these will do for now. And when I do find the proper towels, these can come down and join the black towels in the drawer too.
One thing is for sure, they are much more spring-y. That is nice.

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

Lemon-y loveliness! Sunny sanguinity! I really like them! Way to invite spring to your yard! -S