Friday, June 27, 2008

Matt's party - watercolor

Here's the watercolor table.
Here's Ramon looking devious at the watercolor table.
I think this is Nicole's.
I think this is Ramon's.
I think this is Ramon's, too.
CJ looked to me like she was having trouble finding her muse, so I went in my room and got a present that my Secret Santa had given me. With a little cajoling, I got CJ to paint the truck before assembling it.
So here we are assembling it. CJ decided that using the directions would be too easy, so she wanted to assemble the truck using only the completed picture on the front. I said, "You can't put it together without the instructions." She said, "Don't tell me what I can't do!" loud enough for the whole room to hear it and respond, "Ooh..." Knowing I was beaten, I acquiesced.
Soon it became apparent to me that the pieces were flawed and that we would need to use the instructions. CJ said that then it wouldn't be a puzzle.



So, we tried to assemble it, but then I figured out it was backwards. CJ seemed to think that was OK, but I had given up hope. I got distracted and wandered off to something else and CJ stuck with it...
...and finished it. She even fit in the pieces that wouldn't fit. Looks nice, huh?
So the moral of the story is that CJ is smarter than I am.

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

Very fun! Again, I lament that the drive to your house is a little too long (3,000 miles - give or take a few) for me to have attended! Do you like that I just invited myself over? :) -S

Anonymous said...

Whoa - those watercolor projects were amazing. I am impressed! And inspired!