Sunday, April 21, 2013

NWCTC's Winter's Tale

It's weird how I bring my camera everywhere and then I suddenly forget it. I forgot my phone too, so these pictures are taken with Matt's cellphone.
 
For this performance, we had the traditional stage setup, rather than the usual theater-in-the-round.  It's been quite awhile since I've seen a performance at the Shoebox Theater in this format.

I've fallen of the wagon of reading the plays before I see them, so this was a complete surprise to me.  It was a good production of what Matt terms "a weird play."  Part of it was set in Bohemia and the costumes of the peasants were very fun.  The dancing, as choreographed by Clara-Liis Hillier was fun to watch.

Note to self:  if you are going to wait more than a month before writing the review, at least make some notes on the program, for goodness sake!

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

I am also not very familiar with this show. I think we were supposed to see it in this season, but missed it for some reason.