Saturday, June 20, 2015

Finished the Morliden doors for the Billy bookshelves

You may recall that I ran out of time with this project.  But today, we will finish.

Here is the full effect.

And here it is as you come through the door.
Unfortunately, I'm not thrilled with the end product.  A lot of time was spent picking the material, but I think our choice ended up being too busy.  I would like to redo them in a more solid color, or a batik, but that will have to wait until an unknown point in the future.  In the meantime, I will be happy that the shelves are closed off behind glass.

3 comments:

balyien said...

I like it. I don't think it's too busy because (as far as I know) it's the only pattern in the room. I think it contrasts nicely with the pale yellow of the walls and the dark blue of the furniture covers.

Sara K. said...

It seems like they look really great up close. I do like that you can change them to update the look or change with your preferences or needs.

Sara K. said...

And it is a bummer that they are not quite what you wanted in the end.