Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter prep

In a moment of extreme anal-retention, I was weighing the cupcakes so I could bring the biggest ones to Easter Dinner.  It developed into this visual, showing the distribution of cupcakes in weight by grams.
 
Making the frosting.
 
And done.  These are the Mississippi Mud Cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting and let me tell you, they are tremendous.  I think this is my favorite recipe thus far in the book.

For a tiny investment of time, you get 24 cupcakes (enough for Easter and staff meeting the next day) and the magic of creating your own marshmallow frosting.   It's rather amazing when whipped egg whites and sugar syrup come together to create marshmallow topping.  And then, the topping is fun to mound on the cupcakes.  This recipe alone was worth the price of the book.

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

Delish! I also love your scientific approach to the cupcakes!