Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Wrapping presents. My least favorite thing about Christmas.

Opening presents. My most favorite thing about Christmas.

I gave up on wrapping paper two years ago. I always have not enough or the wrong kind and I have to store it somewhere, etc. I went to an office supply store and bought a huge roll of white paper for about $16.00 and that is what I use. For every present wrapping opportunity. New this year, I happened to be in Goodwill when they had a big bag of ribbon, so everyone got different kinds of ribbon. After an hour and a half of wrapping, this was the result.Here is the tree Christmas morning.
And we are all posing with a present we got. Mom has lovely pot holders, Aunt Pat has a small pot to melt butter and a compost bin, Chris has a copy of the People's History of the United States, Aunt Carol has a knife sharpener and I have a new cast iron skillet. It was a good Christmas.

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

I think that the presents look really great! You could even stamp that what paper for more sass or to add a birthday greeting. But if you don't love wrapping...they certainly look better that bags - which is the non-wrapping wrap! :) Great picture of everyone's gifts - a perfect blog take! -S

Anonymous said...

People's History is a great gift. I've read it once and given it twice.