Saturday, August 1, 2009

The conclusion of the eggs.

With the beet juice left from steaming the beets, I made pickled eggs. There was an article in the FoodDay section of the paper. I'd not had a pickled egg before, but took a chance. I was surprised at how firm they are and I was a big disappointed because I was hoping they would have pink yolks. Alas, they didn't. I still enjoyed them. That is, until my arm knocked them out of the refrigerator and onto the floor.
I've got some spicy eggs pickling too, so all is not totally lost, but I was quite sad about this kitchen mishap.

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

Rats! I did that with my powdered sugar canister. There was sugar everywhere in the pantry, on the kitchen floor, and under the stove. Clever idea for the eggs, though. -S

Sara K. said...

PS-Welcome to August!