Saturday, August 1, 2009

Picnic Project: Laurelhurst Park

The Picnic Project.
Established 2006.

Each year, Patricia chooses five parks in Portland—one from each section of Portland: N, NE, NW, SE & SW. She plans food and invites people for a picnic, then records the festivities. By 2028 she will have picnicked in every park in Portland.

Date: 1 August, 2009

Park: Laurelhurst Park (there is interesting information about the history of the park at this link)

Present: Patricia, Matt

Food. Matt: Three English muffin sandwiches, cherries. Patricia: big salad.

Activities: Watching King Henry IV part I

Comments: Nice way to combine two projects into one: picnic project (check!) viewing of the current Shakespeare reading (check!)

We took the bus to the park. The 75 is amazing. It goes by so many different things! Someday, when I have too much time on my hands, I will ride it the full route.


My food photos are not so good lately. Matt got three sandwiches: one peanut butter, one cream cheese and pesto, one cream cheese and tart plum butter. I'm pretty excited that I made all the non-peanut butter toppings.

Here's my big salad. I love big salad. So delicious and filling, so many good things. Hidden under those vegetables is one of the pickled eggs. I rescued it from the floor and it seemed to have no glass, so I took a chance.

After we watched the play (next post) Matt left for another activity and I walked around and took pictures of Laurelhurst Park's features. Like this lake. Where you are asked very nicely not to feed the ducks.

There is a soccer field and basketball courts and this playground. When Matt and I first got together, someone took pictures of us hanging upside down from play equipment here.

There is also a dance studio.

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

What a nice park. I like that there are many options for types of activities at Portland parks. Want sports, great, play soccer. Want arts, great, come to a play or take dance lessons. Excellent! -S