Monday, August 3, 2009

Roman Shades. On the way.

In my attempt to rid the house of mini-blinds, I am making Roman shades for the bedroom. Here are my supplies. Such a kick I get out of setting out the materials for a new project.
Laying out the shade. Making the first cut on material can be nerve-racking. "Do you have a t-square?" the woman at The Whole 9 Yards asked me. I told her I did. "You will be fine." she assured me.
Pressing the hem in the blackout lining. It may be time to spring for a new pressing cloth.
Places for the rods have been made.
To be continued....

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

Can't wait to see how this project finishes up!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it's truly informative. I am going to watch out for brussels. I'll appreciate if you continue
this in future. Numerous people will be benefited from your writing.
Cheers!

Feel free to surf to my page :: d'nest Condo