Monday, March 21, 2011

Saved from the faulty shoe rack.

Here is my "before" picture of the unfortunate shoe rack I've been living with for ten (!) years. The large space between the two bars mean that the shoes always fall through. Happily, Linda, Matt's mom gave me an Ikea gift card for Christmas and I purchased a much better option.

The famous Ikea assembly.
A good helper.
More of an onlooker than a helper.
The finished product.
It holds eight pairs of shoes.
If I want to put my laundry basket in the closet, I can't access the bottom drawer easily, but I rarely need the shoes in the bottom drawer.

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

Yay! I love a good Ikea project! We went "shopping" at Ikea just recently. Which means we went, admired and tested, and only took pictures and plans for the future home with us. Since we are moving to a new place in the area soon (see letter coming your way), it is better to plan and pine rather than buy and construct. The new shoe rack makes your closet look lovely!