Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring View of the Garden

I like to take establishing shots of the gardens throughout the season. These are handy to refer to when I feel like nothing is really happening. Right now it does seem like nothing is happening because it is still winter, but I will refer back to these once things get going.

Backyard: from the compost corner.
On the right we will soon have fruit tree and bushes.
There are peas planted in one of the raised beds,
and strawberries and asparagus in the other two.
Backyard, from gate entrance.
On the left will be the Belgian fence with the apple trees.
Another view of the peas/strawberries/asparagus beds.
Backyard: from the back corner.
Directly in the foreground is the cherry tree, one of the columnar apples is on the left.
Leo's Yard: from the break in the fence.
The green thing is a collard plant that made it through the winter.
Emilia's Yard: from the back corner.
This shows the rain garden. The milk jugs are marking native plants I planted.
Emilia's Yard: side yard.
This will be trellised squash (hopefully)
Emilia's Yard: from the edge of the side yard.
On the right, that thing that looks like a pile of garbage will be an asparagus bed.

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

Wow! I can't get over how great your pre-gardens look. They are ready to be filled with tasty goodness. I'm also impressed with gardening planning. Every space has a tenant! My black thumb is looking at your green one and being quite awed!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Call me when everything is ripe; I'll be over. MOM
PS Your grandfather would be proud.