Saturday, March 19, 2011

Apple Trees have arrived!

The Home Orchard Society's spring scion exchange was today, which means that I got to pick up the newly grafted trees I ordered last October! They only had 10, the Lubsk Queen and the Devonshire Quarrenden (I think) were not available. I will have to find replacements for them. I also picked up my order from One Green World at Concentrates (they have a Mobile Plant Pickup that delivers there for only $5.00) If you squint and look at the lower right, you can see my contorted quince and if you squint and look to the left you can see my blueberries: Rubel & Brunswick.
Though I did a lot of research about grafted trees, I did not find out until today that I can't plant the trees until next February. Phooey. Chris is coming over tomorrow to do just that. I'll have to find other things for us to do. Now I have to give them a lot of attention so they actually grow.

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

So exciting! I request a special post - the monthly apple update - just so we can see how these little babies grow!!!