Saturday, June 8, 2013

Yard intervention needed!

Whilst planting today, putting seeds in the soil that were supposed to go in the ground in May and April, I decided to present myself a gardening challenge.  The yard is a partially contained mess.  Sure, I've planted things, but weeds are sprouting everywhere and I still haven't gotten all the straw spread in the pathways which was a project I began in MARCH.  I've been "trying"* to get in 15 minutes M-Saturday, and it hasn't been happening. So here's the plan: Beginning today, and extending through June 26, I will spend 30 minutes per day in the garden.  First priority:  weed paths, lay down cardboard/newspaper and straw.  Second priority: weed beds.  I will start with the part of the yard I can see when I sit at my desk to write and work out from there.  I will take a before/after picture and do a short write up after each session.  Knowing me and the prompt posting habits I have cultivated you will get to read about all this in August.

Wish me luck.


*Yes, Yoda, I know, "Do or do not, there is no try." I know what category I fall in.  It's the "do not."

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

Good. A goal. That is the first place to begin. Right now, my goal, on paper? To do my first practice GRE test. My actual activity? Commenting dutifully on your blog posts! So I guess I need to adjust my goal.

balyien said...

Good luck! Sounds like a lot of work.