Friday, July 27, 2007

Garden Update Late July

When I planted everything earlier this year, my main fear was that nothing would grow, that I would look out in the back yard at my wizened, yellowed plants and shudder. I am happy to say that those fears seem a bit silly right now. The garden has grown!

A long shot:
I didn't get my tomatoes in cages, so they have sort of become the vine they want to be. Here they are taking over the carrots' area.
I planted both red and yellow peppers, one plant of each. Peppers abound. I had to use the tomato cages to stake the red pepper plant, as the peppers on it were pulling it over.
Here is my "three sisters" project. You plant the corn and the squash, then plant some runner beans around the corn. Everything supports each other. The beans climb up the corn and the squash shades the ground around the corn to keep it from drying out. Plus, all of those plants love each other and grow well together.
Long shot of the three sisters.

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

Again, your green thumb is uber impressive!!! However you spell uber/oober,ewber/ you know what I mean EXTREMELY/HUGELY/FANTASTICALLY impressive!!!! -S