Friday, July 6, 2007

July 4: Croquet and many board games (and burgers)

Our Fourth of July began with some appetizers and then a few games of croquet played in Kenton Park. Matt, Chris and the dog stayed home and played RoboRally. It was 100 degrees, so we drove to Kenton Park, though it is within walking distance. I hadn't played croquet in more than five years, and the directions were a bit spotty, but between us, we remembered.
Aunt Carol tearing up the course. She was quite good.
Mom enjoying victory.

Below are the winners portraits. We were all winners, just to varying degrees.

Aunt Carol, croquet champion


Patricia, croquet hostess.



Mom, croquet conqueror

Sue, croquet booster

Aunt Pat, croquet blaster
After returning from our three games, we had a lovely grilling of hamburgers/veggie burgers with all the sides and, most importantly, potato salad. Then, two games of team Trivial Pursuit. We played old people vs. young people. Mom, Sue and Aunt Pat made up one team, while I, Matt and Aunt Carol were the others. Each team one once.
After sparklers, everyone said goodbye and headed home. Matt and I played two games of RoboRally, then learned how to play Dark Skies over Camelot, the game Matt's brother Thad gave him for his birthday. We lost. But it was fun.

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

I can't tell you how much I LOVE to play croquet! It has been a few years. Miss April will often bring it out at the 4th of July gatherings she has had at her house. I think that's the last time I played! Wish I could have been there! I love Trivial Pursuit as well (except for sports and leisure). What a fun day! -S