Sunday, July 29, 2007

Glowing Greens

I was wandering about downtown and I came across a new miniature golf course right in the heart of the city! Glowing Greens is easy to find, due to this fellow standing outdoors.

Once inside, you walk down a few levels of stairs and see murals like this. It gets darker and darker.
Inside, it is a black light wonderland. The whole course is pirate themed, and very glow-y. You can also buy 3-D glasses to see the 3-D murals on the wall.
As we played through the course, each hole had a different theme.
The holes were marked by these glowing skulls.
A very cool pirate statue.
Some glowing gates.

Us afterwards in all our Glowing Greens Glory. Matt won as he is the more professional miniature golfer and I am a hack. With little hand-eye coordination. I took a lot of pictures, though. The course was fun, and because there was no one behind us, and we had slow people in front of us, we played each hole twice (at least.) Also, I'm wearing the shirt I got doing the Night Ride, which glows in the dark. I'm extra glow-y.

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

Oh my goodness! What fun!!! I want to go! That was the one thing we noticed about the shores...well Ocean City, MD. There there was mini-golf everywhere. About every 3 blocks there was another mini golf place. I would guess that we saw 20, maybe even 25 different places as we drove down the main street and each one had a different theme. But, I'll tell you this...not once did I see a glowing green!!!! -S

PS-Thanks for the surprise package! I was so thrilled when I saw your handwriting on the outside of the package. It had been awhile since I (we) had gotten such a nice surprise!!! :) Return letter will be coming soon!