Monday, July 30, 2007

Shower Curtains

For the past five years I've lived in apartments with showers with solid sliding walls, not shower curtains. My grandma was right, those sliding doors are a pain to clean, but they do have an upside. There is no shower curtain to stick onto you during your shower.

So I've developed a bit of a phobia of shower curtains. I don't like how they get kind of mildew-y and gross at the bottom, even if you do keep them stretched out all the time. I don't like how, once they get some mildew and come forward due to that hot air/cold air physics thing I don't understand, they stick to you.

Luckily, we live in the time of cheap shower curtains. Though wasteful, it is possible to buy something for a few dollars, hang it up for awhile and throw it out when it starts getting gross. However, I wanted a nice shower curtain to go in front of the cheap one and I didn't want to hang them together, because I would have to undo the nice one and the cheap one and then reload the new cheap one with the nice one and I didn't really see that happening as often as I wanted it to.

So I solved that problem. Here is my nice shower curtain:

And behind the nice shower curtain is another curtain rod with the cheap curtain. If I want to wash or clean it, I just have to undo one shower curtain. The result is that the cheap one has already been washed and my phobia is under control.

Such a modern world we live in.

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

What a clever idea! Never thought of that! I am impressed. What is on your main shower curtain? -S