Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 4--Feeling Great Menu.

Some good eating today.

Breakfast
Healthier Lifestyle Tea--I completely forgot to have tea today.
Poached Eggs Over Spinach and Mushrooms 2 with toast.--This was very, very good. I love having greens in the morning and eggs too.
1/2 medium papaya: Matt says about papaya: "Tastes good until you get closer to the skin. Then it doesn't taste so good."

Snack
Orange: This was a delicious orange which surprised me as I don't think of summer as a very "orange-y" season.
4 oz-low fat yogurt: yogurt is good in the middle of the day

Lunch
Greek Salad: More salad greens, but this time with feta and olives. A delicious lunch.

Snack
2 dried plums, 3 almonds: This seemed to be a tiny snack to me, but it hit the spot.

Dinner:
Vegetable Appetizer 2: I skipped this. I wasn't in the mood to chop up vegetables.
Quick-Broiled Salmon with Ginger Mint Salsa: The quick-broil technique didn't work as well with this piece of salmon--it was a bit long for the pan. But the salsa was delicious.
3-Minute Swiss Chard: I was beginning to wonder if anything ever got boiled. And it turns out Swiss Chard does.
Pureed Navy Beans: I made this with Lima Beans because that was what I had. It would have tasted better with white beans. Also, today I did the "healthy saute" method for the first time. I didn't like it so much.

Blueberries, Yogurt & Chocolate: This is the dessert from day 5, because I neglected to put the ingredients for today's dessert on the list of things to buy. I'm not sure why. This was good. I didn't have any chocolate, so I sprinkled a little coco powder on top.

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

Yum-mmy! It all looks so very good!