Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 5--Feeling Great Menu

We took a day off from the Feeling Great Menu, because it was hot and also I thought I had an evening meeting. It turned out I didn't and I ended up eating a turkey sandwich and tater tots at the movie theater. Oh well. So we resume Day 5 today.

But first, shopping. I made the last shopping trip for the Feeling Great Menu today. That makes three trips for one week of food. It was another huge bill. Want to know what the grand total was for this week of Feeling Great? $209.28. That is about my food budget for an entire month. Yikes! I feel like I eat a good amount of vegetables, but my usual consumption doesn't approach this week's amount.

Breakfast
Perfect Oatmeal: We ate that the day before and so today ate the cereal meal from a previous day. The strawberries are from the garden!

Snack
1/2 apple, 4 oz yogurt w/molasses. I have to say that molasses as a flavoring agent is a big winner with me.

Lunch
Healthy Veggie Salad: 2 ounces of cheese! Yipee! Plus a lot of other vegetables. I like the various vegetables incorporated in the lunch salads. My salads tend to consist of lettuce and maybe some carrots or leftover greens, if I have them. This was great. Sadly, I forgot to point out to Matt that I had packed his food and so he left the salad behind. Alas. He'll eat it tomorrow.

Snack
1 orange, 2 tablespoons almonds: See photo.

Dinner
Garlic Dip with Crudites: Very full-of-garlic and a bit too runny for me. But I do like the tradition of having an appetizer with my meal. I think I will carry on the vegetable dip and some sort of bean puree thing.

Black Bean Chili 2: This is chili in name only. The ingredients: onions, garlic, 1 can of black beans, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 tablespoon chili. I'm not a chili fan, but I can appreciate a good chili. This was not a good chili. It wasn't even chili. It was beans and tomatoes with a bit of flavoring. I think it is great that this is the worst recipe I've had this week. But it was pretty bad.

5-Minute Brussels Sprouts: Also not good, but I blame the fact I used frozen Brussels Sprouts. This is because New Seasons didn't have them because they are out of season. The dressing itself was quite delicious. I'll make this again in the winter.
There was dessert planned, but I got caught up in a movie and didn't make it.

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

But how are you feeling? Can you tell the difference? I am really intrigued. Is it worth it?

Patricia said...

I think I addressed this a different day. I felt pretty much the same. I didn't get a huge surge of energy or anything. I think if I ate that way all the time I would feel differently but it would take a few months to really make all the changes in my body.