Friday, July 23, 2010

View of the Garden, July.

In this picture you can see how tall the columnar apple has grown and the fluffy fronds of the transplanted asparagus. The leaves in the very front right corner of the picture are from the cherry tree.
In this picture you can see the side of the garden where the Belgian fence will run. It isn't a super productive garden year as many of the things I planted washed away in the hard spring rains.

Looking back the other way. The brown thing is my solar dryer, all wrapped up to protect it from rain. It needs a better spot, but the spot it needs to be has been planted with a bean tepee this year. On the right hand side of this photo is a view of the soil that has green manure planted this year. I planted buckwheat and daikon radish in the spring. I planted soybeans too, but they never came up. The buckwheat is putting nutrients into the soil and the daikon radish I am planting, then I will cut off the tops and let the radish rot. This will break up the soil.

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

Thanks for a garden tour. I had been wondering about your gardening. Thanks for the deats!