Sunday, November 4, 2007

A long time ago, we used to be friends....

People in the know will recognize the title above as the theme song to Veronica Mars. We have completed watching the series. I got home on Friday after work and we put in episode 13 and kept going until we watched the last one. Then we watched the DVD commentaries until Matt cried "Uncle" at, ahem, four a.m.

There was no official finale, as the show was not renewed at the end of the season, so it was sad to watch Veronica walk off into the rain, but having watched the pitch for Season 4 --which jumps several years into the future as Veronica starts working for the F.B.I.--Matt and I agreed that we wouldn't probably have liked a Season 4 in that form. One of the things we both love about the show are the interactions with all the other cast members.

We'll be buying Season 1 so we have a complete set. You should too. It's a great show.

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

A long time ago I used to be friends with a network called CW...then...well you know the rest and I am a bitter old hag about the whole thing (unless the Pollyanna side of me that thinks they will bring it back as a mid-season replacement is in charge). Can't wait to see season 3 and see that hype for season 4 - those promos never aired here. Now I am really jonesing! -S

MJS said...

I can empathize with you. Imagine watching the last Stargate SG-1. That is ten years receiving one disc at a time from Netflix.
Not to fear, there is Stargate Atlantis. While not a replacement, it looks like it will work. Only three seasons though.