Sunday, November 18, 2007

We like games.

We like a lot of kind of games, but the so-called European Board Games are particularly popular at The Orange Door lately. That's our newest one, BattleLore made by the same company that makes Shadows over Camelot, which is my current favorite. We also have RoboRally and Matt bought Ticket to Ride for his dad a few years ago.

Matt was home sick last week and kept begging me to play with him after I got home from work. I finally had time on Thursday and played my first game of BattleLore. I went down to defeat, which was to be expected because you have to play this a few times before you get the strategy down.

Our upstairs neighbor told Matt about the number of Meet Up events where you can play board games. He's at one now, playing. I may never see him on a Sunday ever again.

2 comments:

Sara K. said...

We love games too! I think this is a major benefit of no TV. You get more time to do things like play games! Thanks for the 411 on some new games I had not heard of. And a meet up to play games...how cool! -S

Emilia said...

Hay... Cool! Matt went! I'm going to be going to the next one in two weeks at Gardian Games!
Can't wait!