Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Massive Errand Running Day

Matt's out of town, I've got access to the car all day and a long list of dribs and drabs of things I need to do. Enter Massive Errand Running Day.

The best errand days start with a complete, numbered list and a way to keep track of all the items you need to bring along.

Our first stop: the library to return books.
(This would be the back book drop, the front is more picturesque)

Next: stop at old large conglomerate bank and finally close out our joint checking accounts. We moved over to Albina Community Bank last year, but there have been token amounts hanging out in these accounts.

Then a quick trip down the road to the Goodwill to drop off some donations.

A stop to drop off the recycling.

The hardware store hooked me up with most of what I need to finish the shades in Matt's room.

I finally cash in my gift certificate for a free cupcake at St. Cupcake.

It was coconut cream and delicious.

I drop off my mixer to see if they can fix it.

I realized I was in the same neighborhood as Free Geek, so I diverged from my list and went to see if they had the computer cord I needed. The store wasn't yet open and I was amazed at the number of volunteers lined up outside.

The store didn't have what I needed and I got a bit distracted by a laptop they were selling for $80.00. They are so nice there. I did not buy the laptop and continued on my way.

Side note: I love this neighborhood. It's also home to the Shoebox Theater. The neighborhood is chock full of industrial buildings and there are a scattering of residential homes throughout.

Every time I got out of, or into the car, I had the same thought: "This car is so dirty it looks like a homeless person owns it." Not really being in the car world, I had no idea where a car wash was. I spied one, and deviated from my list once again.

I really love car washes.

I have a burble of glee every time I get to go through one.

Back when Matt owned the Taurus, he was known--now and then--to time the car washes to my grumpy moods as I find them cheering.

How can you not love the air blowing all the water off the car?

Clean car, and feeling better about the state of the world, I headed to the Whole 9 Yards, to buy the last of the supplies I needed to finish the curtains in Matt's room.

A quick stop in Macy's got me new underwear.

I stopped at Parr Lumber for the last piece of wood I needed to for the curtains.

I did some grocery shopping at New Seasons

And I'm done! Whew!

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

You know I LOVE LOVE LOVE days like this, since I am always writing to you about them with a checklist version of an email or letter. I love the pictorial of the day! Cant wait for another one like this! And well done you for getting so much done and adding in a few things to boot!