Friday, August 6, 2010

Meat cookin'

It is nearly time for the next order of meat to be delivered and we still have a lot from last year. Matt and I are doing a massive cook off to finish off our stash.

This is called Fiesta Beef Kasha and tastes better than it looks or sounds. You get some hearty protein, good old kasha and vegetables all in one serving.

We marinated a bunch of round steak, broiled it and sliced it thinly.

Sliced and ready to go in the freezer.
Matt browned a bunch of hamburger and rolled beef and cheese burritos.

The always delicious campfire casserole.

We also made African Peanut Skillet. There were so many different kinds of food, we ran out of normal storage containers and had to use canning jars.
This ought to hold us for awhile.

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

Looks tasty! I am impressed with your planning. The one thing I would want to have in my home that I actually own instead of rent is a very small box freezer. I want the recipe for Fiesta Beef Kasha. The best thing is that you will have tasty hearty meals this fall when you are all busy busy buys again!