Sunday, August 8, 2010

Matt and Patricia go to Ariel & Ben's Wedding. Part III

In between hula hooping attempts, I wandered over to get a look at the food and snapped this picture of the menu.
Alas, I did not take any pictures of the actual food. I can tell you that 1)It was delicious, especially the beef. And 2) Our table got into a very long discussion about whether the name "orecchiette" meant "little ear" or if it had some reference to men's genitalia. This debate (it means "little ear") was solved when Jo finally got tired of the discussion, and got out her iPhone to settle the matter.

Petals or Pie.
On their website, Ben and Ariel asked not for gifts, but just our attendance. If we so desired we could bring a gift of Petals or Pie. Many, many people brought some or both; there were lovely flowers everywhere and about 30 pies.
Here is Kristen's. (She of the hooping instruction.) I had some, it was delicious.

Here is mine. I made chocolate creme pie.
Tara, one of my workmates who could not attend the wedding observed the following while looking at the pictures. "Those tags for the pie are exactly like what the students fill out for their student-led conference: 'I chose this piece because...'"

The plus of asking for pie: There were probably about 30 pies to choose from. The personal minus of bringing pie? I had about six different kinds and fell into a sugary stupor. It was worth it, though. Those were some good pies.

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

Yum! I love their website and their idea of petals or pie. SO sweet! I could fall into a pie-induced sugar coma any day!